The (original) Jer-Bears were Jeremy's RC group from Duke West Term I 2011. They are credited with bringing most of the campus-wide trends that showed up throughout the term, such as NASCAR, yelling in a Lil' Jon voice, and Parkour. Everywhere they went, they would shout "NASCARRRRRRR!" and "PARKOUR!", and their signs saying "I'm a Jer-Bear" were circulated throughout all of Kilgo Quad. Most of the campus regarded the Jer-Bears as the principal purveyors of spirit during the term; an example of this is keeping Quadfest interesting for all the teams through the use of two giant flags, a blue morphsuit, and much cheering, even in light of impending defeat by the Red Team. The Jer-Bears also developed the LIFESTYLE of Jeremyism, which was a way to express their love for their leader, Jeremy. Unfortunately, it was passed off as a religious cult and the Jer-Bears were forced to stop proclaiming their views, but fortunately, they were allowed to keep the name of Jer-Bears, because there is absolutely nothing offensive about the word "Jer-Bear."
The Jer-Bears are now officially legends. There was much talk about Jer-Bears at West Term 1 2012 as they were remembered fondly for all of their many accomplishments.
- Starting the lifestyle of Jeremyism
- Lil' Jon
- Posting signs all over campus (Jeremy-ism, The Stupidest Person in the Universe, reminders for TIPsters to lock their doors (and the NASCAR!!!!), Left Turn!, etc...)
- Buying flowers for Jeremy on Fathers' Day
- Making random noises when swiping meal cards in the Great Hall
- Eating large numbers of fudge-sickles in one sitting and giving them to Kevin for storage
- Using a bush to hide a Frisbee so they wouldn't have to carry it on the long journey to 9th Street.
- Losing a Frisbee in the stands at the Bulls game
- Eating a Vermonster
- Late night shenanigans on the last night (notably Connor and Kevin)
- 60 seconds skit in talent show
- Being the BEST RC GROUP THAT EVER EXISTED!
- P-Tain (Phillip)
- David M
- Special K (Kevin, The Mother of NASCAR)
- (Patrick, The Father of NASCAR)
- Sammy P (Samip, The Other Mother of NASCAR)
- Bradelicious (Braden)
- T-Dawg (Teddy/Theodore)
- David G (from Arkansas)
- Shakiera (Sreekar)
- Elsey (Andrew Elsey)
- Rick (roll'd)
- NOTE: There are several honorary Jer-Bears as well including Malcolm's RAG of Duke West Term I 2011 (Squeaker, Fawwad, Peter, Albin, etc.)