Davidson College is a TIP campus, often called a rite of passage. Located near Charlotte, North Carolina, it is attended by rising eighth grade and some rising ninth grade tipsters. Davidson college has air conditioning, indoor dances, Summerfest, and RCs who say "y'all" all the time and we can never take them seriously. Seriously.
- 1 Campus Information
- 2 2015 Term 1
- 3 2009 Term 2
- 4 2012 Term 2
- 5 2013 Term 2
- 6 2014 Term 1
- 7 2014 Term 2
- 8 2016 Term 1
- 9 2016 Term 2
- 10 2017 Term 1
- 11 2018 Term 1
- 12 2018 Term 2
- 13 Courses
- 14 Other Dorms
- 15 Traditions of Davidson
- 16 Suggested items to bring that are not on the packing list
- 17 Miscellaneous
Davidson College is a nationally recognized, highly selective independent liberal arts college located just about 20 miles north of Charlotte, North Carolina, in the town of Davidson. The College enrolls 1700 students and to date, Davidson students have garnered 23 Rhodes Scholarships. The intimate, picturesque 450-acre campus in a small town provides a nurturing and supportive environment for talented young Duke TIP participants. Famous alumni include Stephen Curry, the fourth Musketeer Jacques Crusoe, the uncle of Andy Griffith, and Mrs. Bluesky.
The Duke TIP at Davidson program offers a broad curriculum including math, natural and physical sciences, introductory psychology courses, and a variety of humanities classes. Approximately 200 students attend each term. This TIP site is open to students in grades 7 and 8.
Davidson College is located in the town of Davidson, North Carolina, which, coincidentally enough, is not in the nearby county of Davidson. Here is the town's official web page.
Most years, TIP uses Davidson's largest dorm, Belk Residence Hall as the main residence facility; though in 2004, TIP used Richardson, Irwin, Akers, and Knox. These four dorms are recognized by Davidson students as the worst on campus. The last three are known collectively as Down the Hill. In 1999 and 2011, TIP resided in Cannon and Sentelle dorms.
Davidson's most notable feature is air-conditioning. It is so strong that leaving it on at the lowest setting all night will leave you freezing in the morning. (It is also quite loud!) If you can’t sleep with the AC on high but need to be cool at night, bringing your own fan is suggested.
There are sinks in every room, except in the dorms Down the Hill.
Belk has five floors including the basement. (The sub-basement contains the computer lab but no residential facilities. The sub-basement would be the sixth floor. There is another basement below that contains only the ice machine.) The basement, first, and fourth floors each have one big lounge, and the second and third floors each have two lounges.The fourth floor ,however, is for instructors and TAs only. The basement also has a few rooms with private sinks. Vending machines are located in the basement. The building is usually split up into two wings, East and West. (West points toward Main Street, while East points toward the Union.)
Laundry is located in the sub-basement of Belk. The machines are supposed to cost money, but they are free because they are prepaid by TIP.
Lights Out and How to Escape It
St Louis Missouri FTW
Lights out is at 10:45. However, if you really want to stay up (or especially have DEBATE speeches to type!) (Debate Class Click Here That's Debatable ) use these tips to get away from the RCs, and they can't get you busted: 1
The RC main lights out check is the "peephole check". Generally, peepholes have a reverse reflection, so when you look into one from the outside, you'll see light. This is is however actually from the hallway, so you never know if the lights are on inside the room or not, GENERALLY. At Davidson, the peepholes are translucent, so RCs will be able to see if your lights are still on. Dangerous. Solution: Put one piece of tape on a quarter, and attach above the peephole, so when the RCs look through, they can only see darkness. This also allows for easy access to see who's knocking because all you need to do is just lift the quarter. My personal favorite is to use a crumpled paper towel, however. It is a easily accessible item and can be used with ease
Continuation of the light check, even if your peephole is covered, the RCs can still get you in another way: under the door (light leaks out of the crack under the doors, so RCs will see. Solution: use a pair of black pants and stuff them under the door. Be sure to lock the door so the RC can get into your room just by turning the handle.
Sound: RCs put their ears up to the door and listen for a few seconds, then go on to the next doors. So starting at 10:40, YOU need to be quiet. Like silent. I was watching a Obama-Romney Debate to prepare for the next day's debate, volume at 1 bar, and I got frickin caught. Made up a quick excuse, but would've been better without. Solution: STFU and use earbuds. Don't turn on the water. Turn the A/C on high to make the loud fan cover up any mishaps.
Finally, if you're in the hallway, they'll get you in trouble, despite if it's going to the restroom. Solution: Turn you sink on for circulation on low so there's no sound, carefully use a rolly chair to mount and stand onto the counter. Aim, then piss into the sink. Very convenient when you have to type till 1:00 in the morning.
If an RC does knock on your door. 1. Turn off all electronics. 2. Turn off all lights. 3. Mess up your bed sheets so that they think you just climbed out of bed. 4. Messup your hair. 5. Make up an excuse and you'll be fine.
To be extra safe use the spy cam method. NOTE: This should only be used if you are staying up very late. 1) Take your phone and put auto lock to never 2) Find a piece of heavy duty tape 3) Position you phone's camera so you can see outside with the camera 4) Tape it down 5) Plug it into the outlet near the sink so you don't run out of battery I don't use this very often (duh) but you can use a simpler method. When you suspect that someone is outside, turn off the light and rip off the quarter or paper towel. Open the camera app and position it so that you can see the outside. Check to see if the coast is clear the turn on the light. This hack helped me pinpoint the RC who kept on checking on us at night. Use it to learn of your RC's methods to check on you after lights out.
Really, no one really tries to bust you, but just one tip. If you're wanting to stay up after, say 11:30, that's really when they start checking. As long as you're decently quiet, though, they don't really care.
Cheers as of Term 1 2015! Y
^You do realize that pretty much all of the staff from term 1 know about tipwiki because of all of the edits that were being made on the last couple of days
P.S. ALL: I do realize that, thanks for stating the obvious, keyboard. I felt it was a good chance to help fellow TIPsters who needed some assistance, doing my part on this wiki yo. RCs: If you guys want to put down some of your own checkin methods, feel free, but I wouldn't understand why because you want the kids asleep. Oh well.
Your RC group can choose to take trips to CVS Pharmacy or Target.
RC groups often went to Ben & Jerry's and did the Vermonster Challenge
You can occasionally visit the local coffee shop, Summit as well.
Classes take place in Chambers (main class building), Wall (Science-y building), and Dana (Engineering). Classes will visit the library frequently, as well.
Most meals take place in Vail dining commons.
A lot of activities take place in the Union (Davidson).
Also, don't touch the trees or the sacred grass!!!
If you're taking architecture, be warned!! Final project WILL BE STRESSFUL!!
2015 Term 1
YAO MING AND CARD GAMES.
Almost all of the Tipsters had sex.
Everyone wore drag on backwards day.
Trying to walk through the hallways during free time was like trying to walk through really thick mud - except the mud was fifty people playing ERS and Speed and Mao.
All of the lounges smelled really bad for some reason.
Beyoncé was a banned word in Creative Writing: Express Yourself (Davidson).(We called it the "B word" and we replaced "Beyoncé with BÆTOVEEN // Nacho)
We also managed to get the name Billy banned on one of the floors.
Somehow Aayush became a god and had people that worship him.
That sums up most of these 3 weeks... Don't forget about the illuminati
we also must never forget the wrath of Billy especially his time during Blue Team team time, practicing the chants.
floor 2 was The social hallway. it was always jam packed w people. -Lindsay
바보 ㅋㅋㅋ (Chris and Nacho)
ALSO BECKY AND NACHO GOT MARRIED ON THE LAST DAY
I like how all the other terms are nicely in a row and some intellectual decided to put ours in front. And Term 2 2015 is missing entirely. What happened to them? Did we screw up so much they cancelled it? That would not surprise me at all, somehow.
2009 Term 2
In the beginning of the term, Keegan Dent (a.k.a. Spermicus) of Matt's RC group began the religion of Mathiscism, a religion with the goal of worshiping Judge Greg Mathis. Every day at 4:00pm, Matt's RC group would take the 4th floor (girls) lounge and watch the prophet speak. Second to Pope Spermicus was High Priest Michael Gohlke, who would hide in the cabinet underneath the television and wait until the words "The Prophet" were spoken. He would then Burst out of the cabinet and scream, "JUDGE GREG MATHIS!!!", thus scaring the girls "straight into menstruation." By the end of the term, the religion was widely adapted by the guys, and widely despised by the girls. Oddly enough, Pope Spermicus retired near the end of the term, handing most responsibilities to High Priest Gohlke. Pope Spermicus relinquished his duties for the courtship of one of the Amathists (Mathis Haters). The religion ended as quickly as it began. Watch out West Term 2... you're next for Mathiscism. (This TiPster remembers the aforementioned mathisicism, and is pretty sure that was term 1, not term 2)
2012 Term 2
Best Term Ever!
- Ducks in a barrel
- dark dances
- ruining the "It's the End of the World" spinning at dances
- scavenger hunts
- Forbidden Grass
- Sacred Trees
- The PopTart Song (Written by Abbey's RC group)
- Neil Patrick Harris (Abbey's RC group)
- Sheldon! (Abbey's RC group)
- Andrew Garfield
- To the basement!
- Soft Kitty Revolution
2013 Term 2
Lots of jokes around...
- TIPuns everywhere,
- Sweaty dances,
- SydnAustin and other shipping
- Third Floor Stink,
- Don't touch the trees~
- Tennis players walked on forbidden grass!
- Theory that tennis players would turn purple
- We don't give a firetruck!,
- Cheese fries,
- Dan the man,
- Man dress and pirate pants,
- Frank's tutu,
- SIDE HUG,
- Green team doesn't want to live in a yellow submarine,
- flash flood after term two,
- Tong's Rubik's cube,
- I Knew You Were Trouble (feat. screaming goat)
- U Can't Touch This,
- Open your doors!,
- The Great Rubber Ducky Race
- Rainy baseball games,
- YEFRI PEREZ,
- smart people at nerd camp waiting to Time Warp to next year.
- and of course, The Society!
2014 Term 1
- The Cult of Davidson consisting of Remy, Ani, Ryan, Elizabeth, Alli, Olivia, Nia, Daniela, Jesse, Rohaan, and Liz
- Squad A5 -  Consisted of Kyle, Justin, Injoo, Jason, and other Justin
- The D Crew 
- Everyone go to Duke West Campus next year
- Nicolas' Rubik's Cube
- Destiny's Children (David's RC Group)
- Puddi Puddi
- ICE CREAM SCOOP
- The known canoodling students of Belk basement lounge *cough cough Remy, Elizabeth, Ani, and Ryan along with their cult (The Cult of Davidson)
- MPS vs. EPS Frisbee Game. MPS won the first game and EPS won the second, but MPS scored more points total
- Staff V Students Frisbee Game - Students scored 5 points, twice as much as the record, students led by the Dream Team
- Dream Team- Justin, Injoo, Jeremy, Yasin (Shawn), Michael, Andrew, Robert (The Man), and Elias
- Single Ladies
- Devil's Piss
- Maxley Cyrus won TIPSync. Maxley Cyrus, you're my hero!
-  Eduardo will be in our hearts, forever
- WHERE IS CASEY!?!?
- Rohaan's creepy basketball girlfriend, Allie, still haunts our dreams at night
- Pedro's hot pink nails will always be the peak of Duke TIP fashion
- The Richard Couple's nails were WAY hotter than Pedro's
- China hunts all the couples down, so be careful when you cuddle(ITS THE CCC, CHINA CUDDLE COP)
- DAME MAS GASOLIIIIINA
- Basketball girls asking to come to the Destiny's children dorms
- Ryan's mad obsession with buttons (He had 90+)
- 게세끼 사랑해요 (gesekki salanghaeyo)
- If you wanna be my lover, you gotta first climb these stairs, These stairs last forever, you'll die in the ennndd!
- Seriously, stairs suck
- Jorge and Eduardo do the seizure at the dance in turn down for what
- Jason's pecs
- Jason's bald spot
- Awkward slow dances:
- I ship it like FedEx
- Cute slow dances:
The sacred ritual of honey bun parties
- The wheels on the bus go square square square (Ashley's RC group)
- Cheetahs!!!!!!!! (Ashley's RC Group)
Cutest Couple: Ryan and Ani sorry i dont make the rules
2014 Term 2
- Billboards and Scissors LLC
- The Cafe
- My Turtle Swims Sideways(From Zack's RC Group)
- Patryn (it should've been real)
- Engineering Problem Solving Gentlemen dance during the talent show
- the wave of seizures during "turn down for what"
- bye bye miss American pie (insert tears here)
- Slytherin's cup domination during Summerfest
- 2nd floor lounge is where it's at
- TINA'S WRATH IS NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED
- two seals were lying in a tub of waaaaaaaaaarm crisco.....(this goes for all TIPsters)
- HAND CHECK!
- turn down for bedtime
- time lord
- cranberry satan
- Ben and Jerry's +... The LEGO Movie?
- very out of sync version of the Macarena during the last 2 dances
- Slytherin, SlytherOUT (courtesy of Ashely's group)
- black George W. Bush
- I'm gonna find this OBE-city and nuke it, 'cause we have reasons to believe that it's a trading ground for Al Qaeda
- you must wear shoes in the halls
- World Cup during break (and class)
- The Writing Class's Screaming Bunnies
- Mini Golfing (As a total par is 45 but Eleanor from Channon's RC group got a 95)
- EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!
- 1st floor AXE and airfreshner cloud of suffocation
- 3rd floor girls giving the 1st floor boys makeovers
2016 Term 1
- The jellyfish
- Squid Squad
- Axe/Febreeze bomb war
- Death stairs
- Tiara girl
- the hole on the 3rd floor
- no hanky panky!
- Single Ladies + Chezus
- Hula Hooping Indian Squad
- Green Trains
2016 Term 2
- Hand Games
- Modern Law Squad
- TIP Cults
- Annie's Tiara (google "Miami Tiara Girl")
- Modern Law Squad (MLS)
- Home Slice
- The weird nail polish cult
- Rolly chair bumper car races
- Can it be done?
- Psychas/ American Pies (the best squad ever)
2017 Term 1
- fork ice cream (it tasted so much better)
- those guys that injected sriracha into the jello
- banned at Term 2
- Eleanor and her seemingly endless supply of gum due to her having a pack a day
- when Maddi found Natalia’s phone that fell from the 3rd story to the basement
- rainbow drink made at Veil Commons the idea was first seen from second year Elizabeth Yang
- MY SHOULDERS
- Zumba with Anatalia
- Josh’s performance of, “My Heart Will Go On”
- Pi Chi Pi!
- Martha, an Aleppian goddess
- Josh’s Fiji water
- Nairita's online shopping
- ELLIOTT and DARYA <3
- LIAM and ELEANOR <3
- Greyden and the Great Glove Incident (I inhaled a glove and then vomited into it)
- the ben and jerry's frisbee
2018 Term 1
- Term 2 will NEVER LIVE UP TO US *EVIL LAUGH!!!* (EXCUSE ME)
- Planning to write on term 2’s tipwiki
- Short Shorts
- That dumb scavenger hunt
- The massive Congo
- Sam looking like Ryan from high school musical
- Saachi's essay and her painting Sam's nails the color of the winning Field Day team (ANYONE BUT BLUE)(Essay link here http://www.tipwiki.net/wiki/Sam%27s_Nails)
- The Enrique Cult (and shipping him with everyone)
- is it sabigail or sail?
- everyone's gay or an ally (or homophobic, lookin at you, spray tan)
- that kid who got kicked out on the first day
- that girl who got her phone dropped in the toilet
- LAST LAST LAST LAST LAST LAST (green team)
- The girls bringing Febreze to the boy floors when they came. #Febreze
- The decades dance
- Sam saying not to write sabigail because it's sail
- HAVING TO HAVE A DATE TO TIPPROM
- seeing the instructors as emo
- Oilly is the otp
- someone putting that girls phone in a toilet (Poor Abrea)
- everyone has their nails painted regardless of gender
- coffee break WHAT
- Josh and Wes won TIProm
- Brendon and Alex at the Talent SHOW!!!
- Brendon DEATH METAL! #MyEarsAreStillRinging!
- WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
- Grace’s RC group winning everything
- DIE DIE DIE
- The con law plague
- The love of High School Musical, Sam you're the reason!!
- debbie hi
- when ryan eats 13 bowls of jello
- beka gives everyone high fives
- the “segway tour” feat. fake facts about the campus
- saving the bees
- ”bees are gay” -susan
- Jack being judgemental
- BEKA LOVES HIGH FIVESSSSSSSSS! #High-FIVE!!!!
- Everyone screaming"that's not TIPropriate!", to the point where it's a complete joke
- Does anyone actually do the morning run?
- Don’t touch the trees
- Only one person ever getting phone jail
- Caleb and Macey dancing at TIPprom
- People climbing into the lounge trash cans
- NORAH SCREAMING
- BLUE SHOULD'VE WON!!! #BlueForTheWin
- THATS WHAT SHE SAID
- The entire second floor became a sobbing room
- SHUT IT DOWN
- JENNA AND LOCKE #HONESTLY GOALS!!!!!!!!!!
- the one raccoon
- Yellow team winning field day (ANYONE BUT BLUE)
- Free food please eat
- Turning everything into a cult
- worms in my poo
- Loose bloody stool
- Do you know the WEIYI
- Jenna and Weiyi #goals (even as friends) #angelcouple #innocentcouple
- my little potato
- NO MORE FUDGE POPS FOR SARAH
- Sarah eating cookies instead of Fudge Pops
- Nails for males by Sarah and Norah
- Creative Writing “legally” marrying Josh to himself and Josh annulling the marriage the next day
- every lounge smells bad in a different way
- putting “TiP” in front of every word possible
- the wifi being annoying
- emptying the vending machines
- The lemonade/sprite incident
- Norah and Caleb bull
- Sarah and Stanley 💕
- Cheerwine being more water than cheerwine
- I AINT NEVER GET NO SLEEP CAUSE OF Y’ALL
- the eighth wonder of the world
- WOODY YOU MADE ME CRY THANKS A LOT
- time literally doesn’t exist. the days feel like weeks, the weeks feel like days, the whole term could not have been longer than four days
- Shipping Enrique with...pretty much everyone. Even himself.
- Squirrels mating
- Very friendly squirrels.
- VERY FRIENDLY SQUIRRELS.
- ”Davidson isn’t a place, it’s a people. YEET”
- Funtasticks bumper boats=literal heaven
- The Con Law Plague
- Meera achieving her dreams by touching Sam's hair
- TiPromProsals bring the most extra things ever
- No one actually dates anyone
- Prom drama gis ting INCREDIBLY annoying and repetitive
- D&D with Sage
- The TIPprom drama mostly just being Nora asking Caleb to TIPprom even though she knew Macey was going to
- All the girls having handshakes with Enrique
- Everyone wanting Macey to ask Caleb to TIPprom
- Sarah eating five pounds Twizzlers #5%Twizzler
- Sam and Abigail or Alexis doing the Salsa
- sacred grass
- Soggy bits of sadness (fries)
- You can always rely on the chicken nuggets. Except for the last day!!!
- Calling the people at the sport camps, human beings with athletic intent
- Woody and his Versace glasses
- When Woody shoots
- Macey and Caleb arguing if the Earth is flat or spherical everyday for three weeks even though pointless debates was that first Monday
- Random clapping in the dining hall
- Third floor lounges smelling like Takis
- Taking Will’s hat
- Griffin almost killing people when throwing a frisbee
- Z and his soccer ball
- ENRIQUE! ENRIQUE! ENRIQUE! #EnriqueCult
- 'I know your name, I get a high-five!' -Beka
- james crushing on literally every attractive guy (this was typed by james himself😎😎😎)
- Stephanie’s laughing fits after lunch
- HYDRATE OR DIEDRATE
- “[Insert adult’s name here], is the earth flat?”
- Caleb and his word yesn’t
- The moon isn’t real and the RCs are working against us theory
- Meera always complimenting Alexis’s eyebrows
- NINE IN THE AFTERNOON #PANIC AT THE DISCO #ARCHITECTURE
- Mimi and Beth Beth, the unforgettable friendship
- Constantly quoting vines
- Everyone in Architecture having their own nickname
- cool and popular too -Z
- The moon isn’t real; THE WISCONSINIANS DID IT!
- evelyn making everyone be tippropriate
2018 Term 2
- ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY
- Written version of Gonna fly now
- dahdah dahdahdah dahdahdah dahdahdah
- Doodoodoo Doodoodoo
- Rainbow Sherbert Surprise Incident
- Dear Second Term Tipsters
- Knocking on people’s doors and yelling, “FBI OPEN UP!”
- breaks blinds on first day
- Tree police!
- OFF THE GRASS
- I need to get back to the Monster World! Nived let me in your closet!
- HAVE YOU TRIED ORANGE JUICE AND COFFEE YET!? -Luke H after drinking 4 glasses of it
- ”the cutest promposal ever” .
- ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9 ra9
- TiPSync was rigged again and Connor H's group got 2nd.
- Marie will always be the best awkward tall girl
- casually leaves heat on all day in the middle of north carolina
- Ryan is the true single lady (what about thiccums)
- Luke is the true Rocky Balboa who runs through the hallways wearing American flag trunks and gloves, and blasting gonna fly now.
- Friday night July 27th I promise I’ll do the run on all 4 floors, given that we can stay up till midnight
- Psychology is a pseudoscience
- Making up nicknames to talk about the cute boys but having to make new ones since we weren’t very good at keeping them secret.
- Running to chambers in the rain
- try walking to walk^^^^
- BIG GAY
- boys lounges stink. wtf y’all doing in there? working out. doubt it (Ash's ranch?)
- third floor acrade
- marie dropping kyra when trying to do the dip
- elizabeth filming
- HES SO HAWT
- my life in a nut shell: depression Intensifies
- zoey third wheeling everyone
- zoey and nat pinky dancing
- zoey and Nat finally hugging on the last night!!!
- I swear they timed us in the bathroom at dances..
- the wheels on the bus go round and round round and round
- girls sleeping in each other’s laps whenever they have more than 2 seconds of free time
- ’youreactually really pretty’
- ”and the jay z song was on, and he was singing let it go, in reference to Luke’s dating failure on sunday, where he asked out someone who was already taken.’
- borrowing clothes is the way to go
- PRO HOMO
- pink shorts😉😉😉
- imma give this to you. my boobs look weird in it
- never using the perfectly good common rooms to hang, just the dirty floor of debbie’s rc groups hall
- gill was BASICALLY part of debbie’s group. I mean, she knew her name but not morgans(who was actually in the rc group)
- gettkng a bit...wet running from chambers
- I thought you were one of those pretty bratty bitches that hated everyone -sophia @ kyra
- ”debbie your children are out of control”
- zoey 17-wheeling - a new record
- who leaves the heat on ALL DAY. now I have to pack in the HALL.
- SACK OF RICE
- term 2 had the best promposals. fight me
- All women are QUEEN!
- Chase gave Connor H like 10 hugs during one of the rc meetings
- Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
- If she breaths she’s a THOT!
- Thanos did nothing wrong
- great personality
- big personality
- Debbie not caring about her rc group but still yelling at them (it’s cool tho she’s chill ig)
- chase and macy
- Jazz and Nat (back off Nat)
- gillian and ryan
- sophia and jack
- jk...jack and thrasher...(ooo looks like someone has a thing for sophia’s)
- ben and kyra (benyeet)
- mary and jonny boy(the best)
- mad and jt
- zoey and the soccer boissss
- toby and kate
- luke and rhea
- Bailey and Landry
- TA Kate and TA Will (When was this a thing? Willexis forever!)
- TA Will and RC Alexis
- TA Kate and Instructor Walker
- TA Kate and TA Alex??????
- Only two engineering ships (including Alex)?
- Luke H and REESES PUFFS
- zoey third wheeling everyone just to get those cringey pictures
- bailey and her 8 babies (the big yellow ball)
- ball buddies
- hi i’m andrew olivier and i’m pioneering my schools math team to include younger students
- 33,299 HEYS
- jello therapy
- mary is the best mom
- going into each other’s rooms literally all the time and never getting caught
- ’I have to pee!!’ ‘ofc you do’
- natalie was the best TA (ARE YOU INSULTING ALEX)(AND WILL)
- ”i never really feel good. just different levels of bad”
- tipression wnd tipplauge never mix well
- luke getting rejected in the stair case
- and by the columns of the lily gallery
- just put ur arm around her ryan gosh
- oh there’s I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII WHEELS ON A BIG RIG
- met ya at the ice box😉😉
- stop being anti social jonathon!
- Rudolph‘s friwnds were HOES
- REESES PUFFS ( @ marie)
- feeling down?Debbie’s rc group’s spinach therapy is sure to help you out in those hard times
- Sharknado all day everyday
- snack: me
- midnight nibble:cereal
- those soccer bois are HOTT
- ~eyebrow wiggle~
- change your shirt nikaia it. the same shirt to every dance? cmon now
- when the room next to you has a sleepover with 7 people and they don’t eat caught but you have your lights on at 11 and you do.
- thiccums and seoyoon broke the vending machines (😉)
- almost all promposals involved food..js (goldfish and twizzlers, chocolates x2, lucky charm marshmellows etc.,)
- IF U TAKE THAT SHOWER UR GUNNA DIE. (thanks bailey)
- luke asking out kyra ella elizabeth and rhea...in that order. poor rhea
- cross your legs honey
- "IM NOT WEARING A BRA!"-every sunday (more like every free time)
- jazz trying to get nat to wash her bra (didn't happen)
- Debbies hard core interrogations on her RC groups boyfriends
- 3 strikes ben..rough
- bonding seasons 1&2 featuring nat and jasmine with zoey sophia and gillian and then kyra and ben with zoey gillian nat jasmine and sophia!
- tyingshoes is the real talent here
- AND U CAN WEAR MY SWEATSHIRT
- Sitting in the 2nd floor hall on Sunday for HOURS....oops
- fight me
- DESPOSITO on violin
- if you don’t come i’ll die. like die die DEATH
- the spirit world BROKE
- ICE BOX PARTAY
- Kyra literally having everything in her room (ball pump)
- ..........(getting ignore by woman)
- Instructor Josh reverse TIPrmoposing to RC Debbie with a giant sign that said, “Debbie will you go to prom with anyone but me?”
- that's attractive
- Is she the one with the bra???
- Is calling a girl thicc a compliment;yessssss
- when 5 girls fit into one room for a sleepover on the last night...
- TA Kate playing bachelorette with TA Will and TA Alex at talent show
- 'Don't get any ideas!!!"-Zoey
- "You smell like Old Spice"-Zoey to Nat
- Did anyone ever drink Cheerwine before coming to TiP? Answer; NOPE
- How long will the gc last after TIP??? TBD~update:its dying
- spinach therapy
- ”i’m not wearing a shirt but I heard my name. what’s up?’
- elizabeth having a fake promposal to get back at her ex (nicely)
- thiccums being too scared to go on second floor even though nat did it ALL the time
- DNA was a class????????????
- coke for breakfast
- sam and abigail were totally a thing even if they didn't admit it (THE SHIP HAS SAILED)
- salsa and salsa was basically everyone third wheeling sam and abigail
- second floor group cry in the common room
- the plastic babies in lanyards
- that one day when they didn't have chicken nuggets was a crisis
- MANDATORY FUN MANDATORY FUN MANDATORY FUN
- Drag queen (and king) makeup in the second floor hallway
- UHD(unnecessary heterosexual drama)
- it's not UHD if you say no hetero
The following courses are offered at the Davidson Campus (as of 2018).
- Architecture: Terms I and II
- Creative Writing: Express Yourself (Davidson) Terms I and II
- Cryptography, Codebreaking, and the Mathematics of Spying Terms I and II
- Engineering Problem Solving Terms I and II
- Biological and Chemical Sciences (Davidson) Terms I and II
- Mathematical Problem Solving Terms I and II
- Mock Trial Term II
- Modern Medicine: Disease and Immunology (Davidson) Terms I and II
- Psychology Terms I and II
- That's Debatable Terms I and II
- The Brain, Intelligence, and Creativity Terms I and II
- DNA: Unlocking the Genetic Code Terms I and II
- Constitutional Law Term I
- Myths and Legends Term I
- Speculative Fiction Term II
Other Dorms include dorms in use by crazy sports camps (soccer, volleyball, lacrosse, swimming, and football) and the Love of Learning people who like to take our computer lab, and the July Experience program, which, without fail, is always in the library during Term II. (Never saw them Davidson Term 2 2012) You can always run into people giving tours of the campus as well as another program that sponsors foreign students. In Term II of 2009, the other dorms were used as Quarantine, or QuaranTiP, as some preferred to call it, for the unfortunate students that contracted flu or swine flu.
- also please note that if you ever make fun of the boys at basketball camp by imitating their use of the word "dude" they will most likely reply with a clever "uh.. ur at math camp"
Traditions of Davidson
Screaming DIE Chanting sacrifice
- Indoor dances
- Last Night (not much happens anymore)
- Talent Show
- End-of-Term slideshow
- Official TIP Songs:
Move a tradition to this section if you know it's common to both terms.
Likewise, if you see a tradition that's not in your term, move it to the other.
- Basement Bash
- PANTS BASKETS!
- Photo Scavenger Hunt
Suggested items to bring that are not on the packing list
- Handtowels and soap for the in-room sink
- Nail clippers
- Reading lamp/lighbulb for desk or to attach to bed as the only light in the room is overhead
- Water bottles (a case or two)
- Wipes to clean drawers and surfaces before use--lots of crumbs and gunk left behind
- Bucket for toothbrush and toothpaste to leave at sink
- Febreeze for Caleb’s shoes and the takis smelling lounges
- Plastic cups
- Trash Bags (nah they have those in the bathroom above the paper towels)
|2006||Term II 2006 email|
|2006||The adventures of an RC group|